Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kidney Stone Update

April 16th I received a lithotripsy procedure. I had a stone that was twice the size of the tube, and would have been excruciating to pass. So we had it blasted. 5:30 am we dropped the kids off for the day with some great friends. 6am we arrived at the hospital and got checked in. We met our doctor, the anesthesiologist, and a few nurses. By 7:30 I was sedated and ready to be wheeled off to the OR.

Jordan sat in the waiting room reading his book for about an hour, till the doctor called and said everything went well! Praise the Lord. He was allowed to come back to see me and I was so thankful to see his face and hold his hand. After receiving the prescriptions we were allowed to go home.

We arrived home, got comfortable, ate lunch and then laid down for a nap. We had such a big morning, we slept for a good long time. When we woke up, we wanted to go get our kids. We picked them up about 4pm with a decent report. Titus was good, and ate extremely well, with Elsa on the other hand, had trouble with the bottle again. Elsa needed to learn to take the bottle because one of the prescriptions I was taking concentrated in the breast milk and was not suitable for her. We detoured to Target, and bought a few different bottles to see if she would take a different nipple. We finally found one the seemed more natural, and eventually she took that bottle well. So from Friday till Wednesday early morning, Elsa was a bottle baby. Still taking breast milk, with a few formula bottles thrown in, she did well! Now I don't worry about leaving her with a bottle, because she is a pro.

So for the next few days, she took a bottle, I pumped and I passed sand. Yes, I said sand. We were hopping for fine sand, but I think I got some coarse sand too. I had more pain than I expected to have, but far less than if it had passed it whole. We are so thankful to be in an era that this procedure is possible.
I had a check up with the Urologist, and the results are positive! My x-ray from a few days before was clean. PRAISE GOD!!! Now, I have another check up in 6 months. Three weeks before I will have do do some interesting testing, and the results take 3 weeks to get to the doctor. So for now my diet includes, lots of lemonade and water, and it excludes salt and milk.

1 comment:

Sharon Storm said...

Glad to hear a good report and that all is well with you. It was great to see you all the other night on Skype. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Sunday. Hey, Elsa and Titus, Thanks for the darling card. I will cherish it forever.
Nana