Friday, April 2, 2010

Dr. Appt

We needed a babysitter yesterday because we had a Doctor's appointment. We were receiving the results of my CT scan of my kidneys and discussing the course of treatment. So here is the news. I still have a big stone in my left kidney that needs to be taken care of. The Dr. has recommended an outpatient, non-invasive surgery that uses shockwaves to break up the stone into a fine sand. Pretty much I will be put under general anesthesia and then it will be like someone punching me in the back for an hour. For an hour! And this is why I will be put under. The recovery is supposedly only a day or so and my surgery will be scheduled for a Friday. Jordan will be around to take care of me and the kids and I'll be sure to have some friends on call for Monday just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you! Love all the updates~
Stuart and Sara