Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Titus' First Haircut

Now that we've got some antibiotics in Titus, he's feeling lots better. His fever has been down all day and we decided to give him a haircut. Fortunately Mommy knows what she's doing in this department. Don't worry, Daddy doesn't feel useless here, I took pictures! And my day will come, with Christmas around the corner and about 15 packages from UPS for Titus, I'll be busy putting together all sorts of new toys very soon.

Anyway, on to the haircut. Things started off pretty well and Titus got to sit in his Bumbo chair on top of the dining room table.

Photobucket

But after a while, the coolness wore off and we started to get tired of sitting still for Mommy. (Daddy can relate here, haircuts take too long!) So we started to reach for the dog, moving too much and trying to get out of our chair!

Photobucket

Daddy had an idea! Let's give lil'man a toy I thought! Titus loves "Daddy toys", so I gave him some poker chips.

Photobucket

This kept lil'man busy for quite some time, but eventually we threw the chips on the floor and wanted to go chase them. So we took a break and played in the floor.

Photobucket

Daddy knew we'd need something big to keep us busy or else we'd be stuck with the "trendy" half head cut as seen above. So I brought out the big guns. I loaded up Mommy's Christmas present (a new Sony laptop) with a video and placed it in front of Titus in the chair. Success! Now we sat still and let Mommy cut the other side!


Photobucket

Having been Tiffany's longest standing client, I have to say she does excellent (albeit sometimes delayed) work, a cut above if you will. I think she did an excellent job with this haircut, but I'll let you be the judge. Here is the before and after shots.

Photobucket
Photobucket


We both think Titus looks much older with his haircut, much more like a little boy than a baby. We archived a snippet of his hair for the baby book. Speaking of baby book, it's just a few short weeks before we start on the next one!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

He is such a dollbaby! He does look so much more grown up. I'm glad he is feeling better. Great narrative and pics, Dad. Great Haircut, Mom. Love Mammie

Sharon Storm said...

Oh My Gosh!!He is soooo cute with the little boy haircut, and just in time to be a big brother! Timing was great for this important event. I bet he even feels bigger and proud of himself. I am thrilled to see that amazing smile back on his face.
All My Love,
Moma