Thursday, February 24, 2011

Remodel update

The guest bedroom is getting finished finally. First was the wall color, then the ceiling. Upon trying to mix the ceiling color we found it was lumpy. :( So we had to go out and buy new. But that isn't so bad, now I have a smaller bucket to carry around for touch ups. Next I tackled window coverings. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon some wonderful curtains on clearance. I brought them home only to find that they are perfect. The colors match our walls! How awesome right? Right. But something was still missing. Our home is unique.

I am not sure what our overall design type is, such as modern, traditional, or country. I would like to have more of a contemporary design but we have columns. yes columns. Esther, you can have my columns. SO I have to temper the modern things with some sophistication. The clearance panels were plain. I have blue stripes, red stripes, and blue and brown paisley. All coordinating. I started on the panels in our closet first. Oh Boy that was a task to tackle. Yikes. I got overwhelmed and had to change the design a few times. So there is only one panel almost finished in there. So when we were finally doing the guest bedroom I decided to work on those curtains instead. I measured twice and cut once, but sewed and ripped then sewed again. I 'finished' these once. But it was done with black thread. yuck. It look way too homemade. So I ripped out all the black and started again with a red I had to go out and get. After taking the time to rip out all the black, I decided to take my time and do these right the first time. I think my patience paid off. I am happy with them, and Jordan is happy with them, *sigh of relief.* I was beginning to wonder if I had made the mistake of biting off more than I could chew. ya know? Hopefully the next curtains will go smoother than these, and hopefully they will just keep getting better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look great. Nice detail. You can come to my house anytime and make me curtains!

Love you,
Betty