Friday, January 8, 2010

Keeping Busy!

First off, Congratulations to John and Jessica! They have a beautiful baby girl as of yesterday morning. Oh how precious are the pictures of that little one. Enjoy those first few days of home time, they are precious and important. Love you guys.

We are so close to the end of this pregnancy, and I still have things on my lists to do, but they are not so important. I am just trying to keep busy and distracted. Yesterday I was super busy! A few friends came over and we had a "hair party." I received a call from one friend and she asked if I could chop her hair off and donate it to Locks of Love. Of course I said YES!!! You can explore what Lock of Love is on your own, but here is a simple explanation. A company that takes human hair and makes wigs for children who have lost their own hair due to illness. They do have restrictions and requirements. One requirement is for the hair to be at least 10 inches long in the ponytail intended for donation. We had plenty.

One of the other friends who came over had previously donated her hair through me. It was the first time I had ever cut her hair! Although I had cut a donation cut before, I was nervous back then, and yes I was nervous this time too! But all went well. :)

Here is our before photo, clearly she has lots and lots of hair!


Photobucket

And After! She still has lots of hair! She couldn't keep her hands out of it! I was so different to run her fingers through such short hair.

Photobucket

And these are the 10+ inch ponytails headed for a young person in need of a hairpiece.

Kristen Anderson

Hope you enjoyed, I know I did!

2 comments:

Sharon Storm said...

Tiffany,
That was wonderful, thank you...AND thanks to the donor of such beautiful hair. By the way, that looks like a great hair cut. You need to get a hold of Liza Jayne's next!!

Becca said...

I miss you cutting my hair :(