Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Handy Work :)

I am a city girl who has always wanted to be a quiet country woman, but I can't seem to leave the city life. But I have learned some great things from my Grandma Lizzie (dad's mom). She taught me to be a worker with my hands. She tried to teach me to crochet, bead, and just be crafty. I Love the quilts and afghans that she makes. Aunt Ruth tells me that Grandma crochets now from her memory because she can't see well. I can't crochet with two hands two feet and two eyes. She amazes me. But I have decided that I can sew, thanks to my mom putting me in classes and giving me a sewing machine for Christmas, so I have started a baby quilt for our little one. I am so excited about it. I bought the squares, already cut, about 3 weeks before we knew what the gender was. I love the colors. I am so excited to finish it. I have pieced it together, and am now looking for a nice soft backing. Please do not examine the piece work, it is my first quilt and I haven't really sewed in a while. I know its crooked. :) But its mine. I love the fact that I can produce something useful with my hands. God is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
It is fantastic. We're so proud of you. Your beautiful little boy will cherish it forever. We wish "Great Grandma" could see it. You two (make that three) are very special to us and truly blessed.

sarita said...

Ah, I love it Tiffany! Your little baby will indeed cherish it...doesn't every kid love his/her blankie forever? I sure do : )