Thursday, July 17, 2008

10 weeks to go!



I am now at 30 weeks along. 38 weeks is considered full term, and the Dr. will induce by 41 weeks. I am having back pains, my feet hurt at the end of most days and sleep is a beautiful commodity. But there is a happy wiggly little boy in my belly who is not quite ready to see the world. I can handle the inconveniences for this little life. He has his spots that he likes to kick. One is just above and to my right of my belly button. The other is my lower left side just above my hipbone. The second one usually doubles me over. Its not that bad, it usually just catches me so off guard that it gets me. Jordan loves seeing and feeling our son kick around.

I am also getting tired again more quickly. I have been needing to do things slowly, and methodical. And then some days I need a nap. Some days Jordan comes home and says, "Tiffany, did you get your nap?" and I reply with a moody, "no." So then I go lay down for a while and wake up so refreshed. It is so unbelievable how just resting on the couch can revive my body and mood. I have to remember that rest is an important part of my daily 'to do' list. Jordan sure appreciates my remembering this rest.

Here in Albuquerque we have what is called a dry heat. We also have what is called a monsoon season. We are currently in the middle of our monsoon season. That means it rains once a day and usually at the same time. Jordan says you can set your watch to the rain on base. Its kinda funny compared to the rain in Kentucky. And as a side note, people here don't really know how to drive in the rain. Or how to properly use their windshield wipers. :) Sorry New Mexican's reading this. So with this rain, comes humidity. And therefore our swamp cooler does not work as well in the humidity. It just brings in the air from outside and does not cool it. So here we are very pregnant in the very hot of the summer. :) If you have been following our blog, I was warned by many people about this very thing. So yes people you were right!

Thank you to the folks who have visited in the last month. We have gotten a new backyard, and some new stuff, and some great family time. We both enjoyed the visits and appreciate the time spent together.

No comments: