Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cravings

These cravings are so difficult to get adjusted to. As soon as I have a craving, it is gone. One day I made beef stew cause I thought it sounded SOOO good. Just after we ate dinner, I couldn't even put away the leftovers. The smell was so vile. At least to me. At that time. How can one want so fervently then shun just as fervently. I guess that is what it is to be pregnant.

My mainstay has been pizza. I could eat pizza for dinner most everyday and be perfectly fine. It really doesn't matter what kind, or where it comes from. Its all good. Ritz crackers have been a good stand by for my nausea. Too bad Krispy Kreme in Albuquerque have closed down, cause donuts have sounded good. Dunkin Donuts is down the street and mmmm.... good sprinkles!! Jordan went to Smith's (aka Kroger) at about 9:00pm one night to get me a sprinkled donut. And yes he came home with a few. Oooohhh it was sooo yummy.

Sometimes I can't even think of what I want, but I do know what I don't want. I was at a function last week and they brought in wings. Not spicy wings, but they still smelled so terrible to me. So food aversions, coffee, chicken, wings, and blue cheese dressing. At least thats all I can think of right now. I am sure there are more things, I have just not been around it yet! Sometimes its so funny, I will want some lemonade, but after drinking some, it just doesn't settle with me. That only really happens with drinks. I will think ooohh that sounds good to drink then taste it or drink it then just regret that decision. But ya know all I do is drink a glass of water and I am all better.

So a summary of my cravings so far, I want, I despise. I want, I don't want. And it just continues. Such is life. I am so blessed to have Jordan here that is gracious enough to get me things I crave, no matter what the hour. And I am blessed to even have nausea or cravings.

No comments: