Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mommy's New Book


Upon reccomendation from a mother friend of mine, I purchased a book called "Mommy Made* *and Daddy too!" by Martha and David Kimmel. I bought the book used, and it has seen better days, but the words are good. I have been skimming through some things and reading others intently.
I read the sentence,

"In any event, your baby has a great need to touch , see, smell, mush, and smear food before deciding to eat it."

Up till now Jordan and I have just 'fed' Titus. This sentence changed the way I thought about introducing food to him. It made perfect sense. Children explore thier world by using all of thier senses, why should eating be any different. The book goes on to say he will learn table manners later by emulating us at the dinner table.

How did we do? tell us what you think he is eating!
Boy, did he enjoy mushing!!

2 comments:

Marijane said...

Looks like oatmeal to me. He sure seems to be really enjoying it. He is really growing. I love the pics of the teeth. They grow so fast. Sarah is getting so big. She is holding her head up now. Aaron is 2 and 1/2 and is so much fun. I have posted some new pics of them on my blog.

Sharon Storm said...

Definitely oatmeal or rice cereal.Aunt MJ was probably right, but she doesn't count because she has an advantage. She just kept her new grandaughter, Sarah, for a week!!! haha
Titus you are growing like a weed. You seem lilke you are really enjoying eating. Mommy must make it so much fun. Love you.